Hollywood Fringe Festival 2014
The Hollywood Fringe Festival is back and this year we have 55 performance spaces hosting almost 300 shows forming nearly 1,500 performances throughout central Hollywood
What is the Hollywood Fringe Festival?
The Hollywood Fringe is an annual, open access, community-derived event celebrating freedom of expression and collaboration within the performing arts community that takes place in Hollywood itself and incorporates fully equipped theaters, parks, clubs, churches, restaurants, and other unexpected locations to host hundreds of productions created by local, national, and international independent performers and arts companies. With the participation within the Hollywood Fringe Festival being completely open and uncensored, it ensures that anyone with a vision is able to produce and add to the diverse nature of the Fringe while maintaining the quality and impact that the arts offers to the world.
Where will I be & what will we be showing?
Per usual I will be participating within the Hollywood Fringe Festival once again as a Stage Manager at one of the 28 participating venues this year which also happens to be my main theatre: Theatre of N.O.T.E. Our schedule has our venue hosting the following productions:
– Disassembly, Theatre of N.O.T.E’s 2014 Main Stage Production
– Do Not Disturb, Theatre of N.O.T.E.’s 2014 Main Stage Production
– I Can Hear You But I’m Not Listening, A Solo Performance by Jennifer Jasper
– Can’t Take My (Eyes) Off Of You, An Ensemble Performance from Fermented Apples
– N.O.T.E.’s Theatrical Mash Up, A variety show that changes each time brought to you by the ensemble of Theatre of N.O.T.E.
– N.O.T.E.’s Music and Laughs, A Cabaret and variety performance brought to you by Theatre of N.O.T.E. and its associates.
– Workshop: Singing All- Skate with Kathy Deitch, a workshop that practices and teaches exactly what it sounds like (Tuesday, June 17th)
– Workshop: Accents A to Z with Pamela Vanderway, The ultimate crash course in researching, mastering, performing, and marketing accents for the professional actor. (Wednesday, June 18th)
– Workshop: TOTALLY Transform Mini Solo Show with TOTALLY Kimleigh, A beginning for anyone that has ever wanted to create their own monologue, solo show, or write their own story, but had no idea how to get started. (Wednesday, June 25th)
– The Art of Introductions with The Savvy Actor, An educational workshop that teaches 6 Savvy, VITAL business skills to embody & practice. (Thursday, June 26th)
Tickets and Venue/Production Information
All tickets can be purchased at Hollywood Fringe website as well as at the participating venues themselves. Ticket prices vary from Free or Pay-What-You-Can up to an average of $25 as each participating production within the Hollywood Fringe decides their own ticket prices. You can visit http://www.hollywoodfringe.org for a full list of productions and participating venues as well as additional information. And don’t forget about the Fringe Button. Owners of the $5 Fringe Button attain discounts on tickets, at local businesses, and attain access and discounts at Fringe Sponsored Events.
Opening Night Party
The big kick off event of the 2014 Hollywood Fringe Festival, the Opening Night Party begins at 7pm on Wednesday, June 11 at the Dragonfly, 6510 Santa Monica Blvd. The Opening Night Party, an excellent source of entertainment and networking, will evoke a film noir atmosphere, with balloon twisters, freak show performers, close-up magic, a dance party, and musicians playing throughout the night.
For more information and detail, visit the links below.
Hollywood Fringe Festival
HFF14 Venue List
HFF14 Performance List
HFF14 Opening Night Party
Follow our Fringe Exploits @ N.O.T.E. Live from my twitter feed: TechTorAaron
Prices: The Majority of the productions at N.O.T.E. are Pay What You Can, including all of the workshops. Our most expensive show? Only $10. Tickets are available online and at the door.
Workshop #1: Singing All-Skate with Kathy Deitch, Tuesday June 17th, 3pm – 4:30pm
Description: Singing All-Skate is exactly what is sounds like: A place to practice singing for whatever reason! You could be prepping an audition for a Broadway show or TV vocal competition, planning a performance for a wedding or a karaoke night. or sharpening your own original material. If you want to sing, N.O.T.E.’s very own member, Kathy Deitch, is there to help! The First 5 to volunteer are guaranteed to get on their feet and an accompanist piano and work!
Kathy Deitch made her LA acting debut at the Hollywood Bowl in RENT directed by Neil Patrick Harris & was Catherine/Senator Martin in LA cast of Silence! The Musical (LA Weekly Award). Broadway credits include WICKED (original company), FOOTLOOSE (original Urleen). She’s appeared as Rose in the musical episode of RAISING HOPE and is opposite Modern Family’s Eric Stonestreet in the thriller LOFT, due for a summer release. She has brought her class Audition Boot Camp to students of all ages across the country. Top competitive theatre programs have invited her to teach their best and brightest, including Wagner College, UCLA, Pace University, and University of Hartford. She’s been a special guest of VocalizeU, Los Alamitos High School’s top ranking show choirs, and at the School of Rock and Stella Adler Conservatory, both in NYC & LA.
Workshop #2: Accents A to Z with Pamela Vanderway, Wednesday June 18th, 3pm – 4pm
Description: Accents A to Z is the ultimate crash course in researching, mastering, performing, and marketing for the professional actor, instructed by Dialect Coaches Founder, Pamela Vanderway. In this workshop, you’ll learn exactly what makes a dialect performance work, what Casting Directors really expect from actors during accent audition, and the simple steps you can take to be ready to deliver the kind of compelling performances that will take your acting career to the next level. Volunteers will gain assistance not just with dialects, but also with which dialects are the best suited for you. Be sure to bring a notepad and writing utensil for notes.
Workshop #3: TOTALLY Transform Mini Show Workshop by Kimleigh, Wednesday June 25, 3pm – 4:30pm
Description: Have you been wanting to create your own monologue, solo show or write your own story, but have no idea how to begin? Well this is it! This is your chance to finally get out of your way, let go of your fears, and find your own voice! Even if you have no idea what you might write about or think that you are not a writer when you begin, you will find your story and your path. With this workshop, you’ll begin the journey of true self discovery through the power of your own creative work!
What you’ll get:
1. An intro from Kimleigh about what it’s like to be a multi-award winning solo performer, how she created a business based off of her show, and how you can begin the process yourself.
2. A mini writing workshop that will get you started on the process she teaches to help get your monologue, solo show, or story done in just 3 months.
3. Question and answer session so that you leave equipped with the tolls you need to move forward.
4. Tons of fun…because that’s how she rolls.
Please bring notebook, pen, paper, and be open and prepared to play and create.
Workshop #4: The Art of Introductions with The Savvy Actor, Thursday June 26th, 3pm – 4:30pm
Description: This educational seminar will teach you 6 Savvy, VITAL Business Skills To Embody. Regularly valued at $45, you can save immensely and attain the same quality for attending the Pay What You Can workshop at Theatre of N.O.T.E. You will learn: The 6 Vital Business Fundamentals that all successful Entrepreneurs practice, WHY they work in the real [corporate] world, and HOW to morph and implement them in your Creative Industry in a way that is Authentic to you. PLUS you’ll experience the Art of Introduction, a skill they’ve been teaching in MBA Schools for years and the power that comes from paying attention. Taught by Savvy business coaches, Carolyn Marie Wright & Christina Shipp, VP Savvy Actor West.